• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

15x15ft Outdoor Enclosure.

JkiddReptiles

Hey guys. So since I live in sunny south florida (Miami) i think the weather is perfect for keeping a tegu outside.There is a patch of grass about 23x 15 ft on my property. I've also wanted to get a tegu and i think it would be great to build and outdoor enclosure for one when it gets big. My plan is to dig a 15x15 hole that is 2-3 feet deep using hardware cloth and line up the hole so the tegu can't dig out. Then fill it with sand, topsoil, dirt from outside, some cypress or eucalyptus mulch, hay, and leaf litter. Then build a chain link cage around the hole. I originally want to develop the whole patch but i realized it would be a lot of money to fill that area with substrate but who knows when the time comes it might be able to make it work. I think that a 15x15 enclosure would give a tegu lots of space for him and even a room mate if i decide, I could put a divider down the middle for quarantine or breeding purposes. These are just ideas here and this is something that will be in the future. But tell me what you guys think? Opinions, comments, ideas, feedback, constructive criticism are all welcomed.
Thanks

Steven.

I live in central fl. And my plans are.to build a permanent enclosure outside as well when my guys grows up... Idea sounds great. Just remember the humidity.. I was gonna put one of those kid pools you buy at walmart.. So even if it doesn't rain.. He can always soak himself..

sent from my phone to your eyes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu