• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

100w Mercury Vapor bulb ?

camaro3800series2

Can these be within 18'' of the tegu and still provide a basking spot of 105 degrees or so? I know the higher wattages have to be like 24'' minimum from them. I just want to switch to MV bulbs because they don't lose their UV output over time like the tube lights do. Since its spring now I'm gonna start keeping my tegus outside for 1-2 hours a day to help them get some genuine UV, I just want them to be getting necessary D3 while inside as well.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The distance is set by the company that makes them. Some brands can be within 18" while others have to be a full 3 feet away form the animal. This isn't for temp but for the pervention of UV over exposure. So it really depends on the company and bulb you go with weather it can be within 18" of the animal or not. Most of the MVB I've used i've never had a basking temp problem at the min distance set.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me