• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

100 gal. Stock tanks(tubs) help

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I am thinking of getting one of these to temporarily (about 6-8 wks)house 2 smallish tegus( about 16-18" each) because im currently living an a very small apartment with no room to build an enclosure, i will however be moving into a house with plenty of room around the end of april....im stoked about picking up my tegus but want to make sure everything is right...i have a reptiglo mvb lamp and a reptilglo 10.0 which i pla on using with a 75 wtt holagen lamp, i got a few bags of cypress mulch, still gotta build or buy a hide...my main concern is i have never seen one of these stock tanks in person so im not sure on the demensions, i used to use the 50 gal ones for my tegus up until they hit 2' and those were a lil off of 4'x2' so im hoping this one is wider and longer since it will house 2 tegus...any help would be greatly appreciated[attachment=2203]

Attachments

• Stocktank.jpg
    Stocktank.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 21

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCQQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.monsterfishkeepers.com%2Fforums%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D146037&rct=j&q=rubbermaid%20100g%20stock%20tank%20specifications&ei=7ouRTbioKpG8sQPes9WqDg&usg=AFQjCNGqw8qk3LJsaVz1zx469TrCKUpAmQ&cad=rja
100 Gal.
52"L x 31"W x 25"H

Take into consideration where those measurements are from,.. the widest point at the top or from the bottom. Since it's more narrow at the bottom they would have less room unless you filled half of it with substrate.

For the uniformity alone I would either go with 150g since the difference isn't as drastic, another rubbermaid design or different company all together.

montana

That`s what we would call a hundred gallon 4feet by two ...

I would suggest you buy the hundred and fifty gallon 6feet by two ...

I would also go with the galvanized steel as the dark black would get too hot outside to my mind ..

They are nice as they have many different uses when not used as enclosures [Gold fish koi ect.]

A top is easily fashioned from scrap ..

DSC06132.jpg

DSC03740.jpg

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I aggree with montana. The galvinized make a bit of noise compared to the plastic but they come in much different sizes. The can be all round or 2x4 or 2x6 or 3x6 and some in different hieghts has well. Depending where you live people post them on Craigslist all the time where i'm at. I was gonna get one for Bacardi but my landlord said no... oh well his letting my pup move in next month so i should be greatful.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
100 Gal.
52"L x 31"W x 25"H

Take into consideration where those measurements are from,.. the widest point at the top or from the bottom. Since it's more narrow at the bottom they would have less room unless you filled half of it with substrate.

For the uniformity alone I would either go with 150g since the difference isn't as drastic, another rubbermaid design or different company all together.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I dont know a place near me that see these, maybe a aquarium shop Their is a guy in my area sell these, i just want them to have enough space to live. Ill look into some larger ones.

montana

Farm and ranch store .

You live in farming country[at least all around you ] ...

Feed store .. You may want to order one to get the size you want ..

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I will look into that, i want to get one this weekend...btw montana i really like that idea for a screen top with the light fixures i will try and do something similar to that

Draco D Tegu

Just don't let them get too big. I tried this with my new girl and she knocked the lid right off to get out. It was made of OSB and hardware cloth.

Mine wasn't a 100g though.

You can find them at any Tractor Supply Co.

montana

Drill a couple of holes in the rim and slide a couple 16 penny nails in to corresponding blocks on the under side of the top ..

Mount a couple 1/4 inch bolts on rim and drop top on [studs ]secure with wing nuts ???

Hinge and latch ...

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Once i find a suitable one...ill play around with a few ideas as far as the top, man i cant wait to finally get to hold my tegus.

montana

Attach the outside of the lid with self tapping screws and make the screen section hinged or removable ...

The best thing is if and when you do something different you can use it for any number of things or store it up side down out side for decades and it will be just like it was when new ..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu