• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

1 question?

Jer723

5 Year Member
hey guys im goin to the reptile expo in april and i plan on buying a couple of bearded dragons. how much do you think i could get them for at the wp expo, and how big of a tank would i need for 2 adult beardies. thanks a bunch guys!

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Hi there! I have 2 beardies myself and they are great. I don't recommend that you house beardies together, however, because they can become aggressive towards one another, nipping at each other tails, limbs, etc. and even causing the death of one another.

You can get a beardie for just about any price at the WP Expo. It depends on how much you are willing to spend, really.

You might want to check out BeardedDragon.org...it's a fantastic site with many beardie owners on it. They also have a classifieds section where many of the breeders post up beardies for sale, that will be at the expo anyway.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
A 40G breeder tank is a good size for an adult. As she mentioned, don't house adults together. Ours are in a 125G tank I divided in half. The male is bearding everything in sight!!! It doesn't matter what it is, it's the enemy!!

The cost of the Beardies depends on the color and morph. The redder or oranger ones will cost you!!

Jefroka

5 Year Member
You could probably house a couple of females together, just not males, or males and females, unless they are old enough to breed (at least 18 months, her) and you want to breed them.

But, males can be mean too so it would be best if they were kept singly.

...Jefroka

ashesc212

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
A 40G breeder tank is a good size for an adult. As she mentioned, don't house adults together. Ours are in a 125G tank I divided in half. The male is bearding everything in sight!!! It doesn't matter what it is, it's the enemy!!

OOH - pics pls! Yours were brumating when I visited to pick up Lucky!

Jefroka said:
You could probably house a couple of females together, just not males, or males and females, unless they are old enough to breed (at least 18 months, her) and you want to breed them.

...Jefroka

I tend to disagree only because when I bought a new beardie and my female caught site of it, she LUNGED at him and tried to attack him.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
DaveDragon said:

I should take some video of him bobbing!!

ashesc212

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
ashesc212 said:
DaveDragon said:

I should take some video of him bobbing!!

Definitely! I'd love to see it!

ierowe

5 Year Member
I have posted some pics and videos on my blog of my two beardies together.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://tametegu.wordpress.com/beardies/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://tametegu.wordpress.com/beardies/</a><!-- m -->

ierowe

5 Year Member
The orange one I was told is a male..the other I dont know. I got them together in Nov. last year.

Jer723

5 Year Member
whered u get them? they really are two beautiful lizards, and do you guys know any cool morphs that arent like over the top expensive, thanks

ierowe

5 Year Member
whered u get them? they really are two beautiful lizards, and do you guys know any cool morphs that arent like over the top expensive, thanks

I picked them up from a guy near San Bernardino in a place called Pinion Hills ...for freeeeeeee
I like the orange color the other has a bump on his tail. Also normally they prefer to eat from my hand but I think the camera made Buddy Boy a little shy.

Jer723

5 Year Member
woa how did u get them for freeeeeeeeeeee? lol, did u kno the guy or somethin?
ps i love that pic!^

Jer723

5 Year Member
yea i almost bought a beardie off the connecticut craigslist for 75 tank and all! but it was older. i really want to raise one on my own.

Dom3rd

5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
DaveDragon said:

Jefroka said:

...Jefroka

I tend to disagree only because when I bought a new beardie and my female caught site of it, she LUNGED at him and tried to attack him.

You can house Females together but you have to introduce them to each other just like any other animal and watch closely cause they will see the new one as an intruder into there home....it just takes time i remember when i got one of my females her tank was next to the baby beardie tank and she lunged at the tank to get them...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu