• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

1/2 shed hibernation

jmiles50

5 Year Member
I was just curious if Asami goes into hibernation with only half of a shed complete, is that going to cause a problem? She has everything shed except her tail. I've used mineral oil and lubriderm to help the process, but it doesn't seem ready to come off yet.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
jmiles50 said:
I was just curious if Asami goes into hibernation with only half of a shed complete, is that going to cause a problem? She has everything shed except her tail. I've used mineral oil and lubriderm to help the process, but it doesn't seem ready to come off yet.

I have never had any problems from tegus shedding during hibernation, your tegu will finish shedding after he wakes back up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029