• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

1 1/2 year old B & W tagu please help

Michelle Coots

My 1 1/2 year old female tagu isnt eating regularly and all she does is sleep. She also has a problem shedding her tail. I have tried bathing her daily, olive oil on her tail but its not working. Please help.

Attachments

• 20200313_175128.jpg
    20200313_175128.jpg
    966.9 KB · Views: 26

rantology

What is the humidity of the enclosure at? Try adding some crushed up Vitamin-B complex in her food. And try to get the humidity in the enclosure as high as you can (80-90%) until she's able to get that tail off. You may need to gently assist her along the way (don't force it but try to massage it/gently rub at it) until it starts coming off- that looks like it could be multiple layers based on how the tail is getting choked a bit on that shed point.

Michelle Coots

What is the humidity of the enclosure at? Try adding some crushed up Vitamin-B complex in her food. And try to get the humidity in the enclosure as high as you can (80-90%) until she's able to get that tail off. You may need to gently assist her along the way (don't force it but try to massage it/gently rub at it) until it starts coming off- that looks like it could be multiple layers based on how the tail is getting choked a bit on that shed point.
I'm not sure what the humidity is but I have a mister that goes for 20 seconds every 1 1/2 hour. Ill turn that up. I massage her tail everytime I give her a bath. So every other day.
What is the vitamin B complex for?
Thanks for the advice. I have had many lizarda but this is my first tagu.

rantology

I got the vitamin B tip from RoseCityReptiles, and it's worked well for me. My 75% red/25% B&W has been getting his sheds off cleanly and in 1 day lately (I mix some into the calcium powder that I supplement on his roaches/ fruits).

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Rantology is right - she's given you most of what we all know. I'd just add that including fish oil squirted into the food is also a good practice for their overall skin/scales.

They don't like the taste of the Vit B-complex, but they get used to it. I've watched my Skully spit the mouse back out of his mouth, and look at me like "what have you done to this?". Then he picks it back up and chokes it down.

Leezard

5 Year Member
Rantology is right - she's given you most of what we all know. I'd just add that including fish oil squirted into the food is also a good practice for their overall skin/scales.

They don't like the taste of the Vit B-complex, but they get used to it. I've watched my Skully spit the mouse back out of his mouth, and look at me like "what have you done to this?". Then he picks it back up and chokes it down.
They HATE the taste of the vitamin B

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me