• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

'08 baby

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
This is the '08 Giant that I got from Bobby this past August. I was quite worried that he wasn't growing as quickly as some of his clutchmates but Bobby showed me some photos of '08 babies of all sizes so I don't feel quite as uneasy.
He is not hibernating and is eating daily....fuzzy mice, turkey, liver, and occasionally some egg. He is a stunner!! BTW, his name is Robert. :)
30216Giant_Jan_2_002.JPG

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
Well, I've never fed a whole lot of egg so I haven't had that experience, but I don't see why it couldn't cause some digestive upset. If that's the only time you see runny green stool I think you could surmise that it's from the eggs. :)

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
first terd like that so i was just playing the guessing game i do assume its the egg because he/she likes it so much i was giving egg like a week straight

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well at least she picked a purdy and sexy one to call Robert.. :rasp :dan :mrgreen:

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
Bobby, you did promise me an exceptional Tegu since he will be joining my group of educational animals. I think you followed through with your promise and NO, you can't have him back! LOL

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
MMRR - jif said:
Bobby, you did promise me an exceptional Tegu since he will be joining my group of educational animals. I think you followed through with your promise and NO, you can't have him back! LOL

Oh dang, that's just unfair, I thought he was mine too!! :roll: ;)

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
He will eat fuzzy mice day in and day out. He is a bit fussy about other foods and won't touch insects anymore. He will eat several mouthfuls of turkey and liver, eggs, and small bits of fruit. He continues to eat a little something everyday, some days more than others. Really ticked me off when he refused $8.99/lb salmon fillet!!! He never refuses a rodent.

AlpineStar

5 Year Member
lol i hope my reds arent as picky as my b&w when they wake up. my monitors always get the food i prep for my tegu and they love it all shrimp, beef heart, tilapia, mahi mahi, chicken, ground turkey,liver. its crazy i try to spoil the tegu but he is way to picky and my monitors just feast every day

Markie

5 Year Member
Beautiful tegu! I wish my giant was awake.. now I see what ya'll were talking about last year about missing them :(

hoosier

5 Year Member
lol if i was bobby i wouild steal him back. then just call him Jr and pretend he didnt take him from you. lol but that would be bad. :twisted: :lol: dont do it bobby! you must resist! :lol:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029