• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Your 1st time

Bedlam

Greetings everyone, so if you have read any of my other (very few) posts you'd know that I am expecting an Extreme Giant (2011 Hatchling) from Bobby Hill in the coming weeks. I've owned other exotic pets before and I am a huge fanatic for scorpions but I have never owned a Tegu. Needless to say the wait is torment so I was wondering if anyone else could share their 1st time? I'm not looking for a care sheet but for the stories only someone who owns and loves Tegus can share. So share the memories :D

jerobi2k

Tegus are great pets, you feed them, keep their home clean, snuggle them, hug them and feed them all ther favorite treats. In return mine has been the best pet I have ever had. he is loved by everyone that crosses his path and I take him out and about often! I promise you will love being a keeper of a gU! :D

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I got so many lol, i think my fondest memories are of my very first tegu nero, she was so mellow and had so much personality, we spent alot of time together especially when she got bigger, we would go outside and she would chill by my feet in the grass, she somehow figured out when rodent day was and would come to me begging until she got her rat lol, then i got more tegus, they were pretty much the same, i used to just sit on my reptile room floor and let them free roam, sometimes they climbed on my legs checking me out, other times they just explored all in all it has been a real pleasure having tegus, i wouldnt trade them for any other pet

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Still with my very first tegu Beauregard. I remember the wait as well, such anticipation!

Bobby and I had conversed by phone a few times, a few e-mails were shared as well as some dough.

I remember getting the post office notice that he was here!

Jumped in my truck and got to the post office as quickly as the law would allow!

The package was smaller than I thought it would be.

Got it home and couldn't wait to open it!

Went into the reptile room and closed the door, everything nice and quiet. Opened the box to unveil a small sack that smelled like cigarettes. :p

Gently opened the sack and behold, a tiny little lizard with a beautiful lime green head staring back up at me!

I could sense he was an intelligent little guy the way he looked at me with his eyes. The days we spent together, the nights, the crickets and super worms and pinkies, the bath tub soakings!

The love affair continues to this day and never gets old, not even for a moment do I ever regret getting him, he's my boy!

But of course I'm not bragging, no! :p

...Jefroka

tora

Well I was jobless at the time, because we were just stationed here, but I was babysitting for a soldier's kid to help get some extra cash. We only had one car at the time, and it was mine, but I didn't have access to it because my husband needed it to drive across town to get to work. This wasn't a problem, till I ordered my little baby b&w. It was far too hot for it to be traveling around in a truck so it was just left at the post office. I had brought the entire enclose that I had set up with me to the house I was sitting at, lights and all. I was ready and wanted my tegu! It's not like I could leave a 5 & 3 year old alone though, nor could I simply take a walk with them in the heat. So I sat there, going totally crazy. Then I get a text from my husband, saying he was going to drive allll the way back to our side of town for lunch so he could get it for me! (then go back right after) I was so happy. This little lizard was so skinny and cute. I was all psycho protective, and wouldn't let the kids touch the enclosure because I didn't want her freaked out any more. Then we moved it all back home!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu