• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

You know you want it...

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Have you tried feeding smaller meals more often? Instead of one large rat once a week or every other week. Try a mouse or small rat as well as other meats, fruits and eggs. When I fed my tegu Dino large rats he wouldn't eat for about a week either sometimes. So I didn't offer food for a while after wards but when I gave him smaller meals he ate practically every day.

Not to say yours is exactly the same since they have their own eating habits but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Especially if he's about 5 yrs old,.. how long have you had him?

Falsemonitor

Hello,

I try to feed him as you say but than I read an article about Callopistes flavipunctatus from Uwe Schlüter.
The text is in german so you wouldn`t understand anything.The animal has a big stomach to eat big prey.They are not active predators,they are passive they wait for big prey in their caves and than they run very fast out of it and kill the prey.
So it is natural to feed him as I practice and it is the only way he only eat big prey.

regards
Jakob

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu