• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Who to ship my boa with?

Beasty

5 Year Member
I have the box and heat pack, etc. but I know you can't ship a snake through the Post Office so who do you guys suggest? I'm trading my 3'+ dumeril boa for a hatchling 75% Blue 25% red hybrid tegu! Can't wait!

ashesc212

5 Year Member
I can't answer your question but I have a silly question...who is breeding all these 75% blue 25% red tegus?

Beasty

5 Year Member
Apparently, Javier Perez from San Diego, California who goes by tigerfangs on faunaclassifieds.com
Father was a monster near 4' blue and mother was 50/50 red blue hybrid with a stubbed tail. (hence the 75/25 ratio) Not sure of how many in the clutch but figured that would successfully have outbred a little of the alleged inbreeding that was done with the supposed 6 blue siblings originally brought into the pet trade.
With investigating what I could find online this seems to be the source. I'll look into it further.
It looks like several people either didn't think it through or came upon adverse circumstances with all this crap economy we have going. He dropped the price extremely low(which was already low to start with) and finally unloaded all his babies. I found one and the folks are going to swap me for my boa.
NOW just to figure out who to ship with!
Any ideas?

Red Earth Exotics

5 Year Member
i ship all my stuff through fed ex. i have never had a problem with them. in fact, they saved my butt once. against my better judgement i let a customer talk me into shipping on a friday for saturday delivery. to make a long story short, the fed ex website was messed up and it registered as 3 day shipping, not priority overnight. i found this out on saturday when the customer said it hadn't been delivered yet. so i called fed ex, they said it wouldn't be delivered until monday. after about 30 minutes of talking with them they found what warehouse it was in, sent out a driver there, found my package and delivered it that night. the snake was fine and i learned NEVER to ship for saturday delivery.

Beasty

5 Year Member
Good to know. Do you have to be "certified" or some such?
Price range? Approximate anyway?
I know USPS is around $26-30 or so.

Red Earth Exotics

5 Year Member
i am certified to ship reptiles with them. they say you have to be in order to ship, but i know a lot of people who ship anyway. most shipments of priority overnight cost between $45 and $55. that is with a 'guarantee' of it being at it's destination by 10 am the next day.

Beasty

5 Year Member
SWEET! Thanks!
So does it cost to send the test box? I don't see sending another snake off any time soon. Also, Robyn with Pro Exotics has started a new site said to launch this month: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://shipyourreptiles.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://shipyourreptiles.com</a><!-- m --> I just got the email today. Also if anyone is looking, he has a lone pair of red Ackies for sale and 5 clutches of eggs brewing at present! 'Bout time!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Beasty said:
SWEET! Thanks!
So does it cost to send the test box? I don't see sending another snake off any time soon. Also, Robyn with Pro Exotics has started a new site said to launch this month: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://shipyourreptiles.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://shipyourreptiles.com</a><!-- m --> I just got the email today. Also if anyone is looking, he has a lone pair of red Ackies for sale and 5 clutches of eggs brewing at present! 'Bout time!!
I got that email too!!!!!! We don't have money for them even if he had a bunch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980