• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

what up guys

Buda87

[/font]hello lovely people of tegu talk :D

im picking up my first tegu on saturday and just wanted to confirm a few things.

ive done a boat load of research for quite a while but there are still(as always) a few things i need clearing up.

my basking spot goes up to 113f is that ok?

i was wondering if anyone has a feeding routine for their adults e.g. monday - mince turkey mixed with fruit.wednesday - insects and veg. friday - mice and chics. etc etc

and could i make up a batch of mixed up mince turkey/lamb and fruit/veg and make them into portion sizes and freeze them to take them out when needed? if so how long can they be frozen for?

loads of places suggest what to feed but none say how often certain food items should be fed.

anymore help would be great :D
thanks
josh

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the site and thanks for coming :) we'd love to see pics when the newbie arrives.

113* should be fine but you can offer a platform with different levels for it to pick and chose what temp it likes or needs at that time.

I don't have a routine I just mix up and feed what ever. I use to,.. but dropped it for what ever reason. But I still make large batches then separate and freeze them for later. They last just as long as any other food in the refrigerator. If not longer since some people don't eat food that's a little frost bitten.

When and how often to feed is something you have to figure out, it's a little different for each. Just like us and other pets some will eat and can handle more than others.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu