• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What to get?

Which Snake to get?

• Mojave Ball python (Female)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Colombian Red tail Boa (Female)

• Blood Python (not sure of the color phase just yet)

• Carpet python (Huge Maybe)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
So i've been wanting a new snake for sometime now but i can't make up my mind on what to get between the snakes in the poll above. It's really hard decision, and i really cannot decide, i like them all and if i could i would buy them all but only one :(!

I know this should be my choice alone and know one but myself can decide this, but i've been at it for about a month now and still cannot decide, so i leave it to you guys for now! Which ever snake gets the most i will go with. If you can try and write down your experience with the snake and what you think about it.

I had experience with a Boa and Currently keep two ball pythons and will be getting a corn snake tomorrow.

I am the care taker of twelve corn snakes,1 milk snake,1 garter snake and a few other snakes at my internship.

I do my home work on the animals i keep even before i decide whether or not to own them, so i know what i'm getting into and can take on the care of any of these snakes N/P :).

Thanks!

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Draco D Tegu said:
Anime fan there Strange Evil???? :D
I just noticed your animals names

Huge huge Anime fan, just names my two new beardies Tsume and Hige lol :D

frost said:
i have a female red tail for sale if your interested.

How big & price? I was leaning towards a boa, but i don't plan on making my decision until around this time next week. But i'll this in mind!

james.w said:
What are you looking for in a snake?

Something eye popping really and a bit on the larger side. Attitude doesn't really concern me. Color and large Size really.

The RTB really gets me because of the color and size they get but the Carpets are just sooooo gorgeous but i want a snake with some real girth on it, really a hard choice!

Wish i could do Burms,but i'm not quite ready for one of those yet, It would just feel like i was rushing if i got one.

@Max, It was your Carpet "Scarlet" that really got me looking at them, absolutely beautiful she is.

Thanks all who already contributed, every vote counts!

frost

1,000+ Post Club
heres the female shes around 24 inches[attachment=2747]

Attachments

• DSC00048.JPG
    DSC00048.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 1

Dirtydmc

The redtail have wonderful demeanor's. Mine is amazing. Even with my dogs. He loves attention, is super calm, and the only time he's shown any aggression is in his feeding box. Carpets can be a little fiery. I've never owned one but have done a lot of research on them. They are beautiful though.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
Dirtydmc said:
The redtail have wonderful demeanor's. Mine is amazing. Even with my dogs. He loves attention, is super calm, and the only time he's shown any aggression is in his feeding box. Carpets can be a little fiery. I've never owned one but have done a lot of research on them. They are beautiful though.

yeah sounds right,both of mine seem like they are going to bite me in the cage but as soon as i get em out they are fine =]

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Dirtydmc said:

Sounds cool that's something i'm looking for as we'll because i have quite a few furry critters,although i wouldn't ever really let them interact with my reptiles.

I read a lot they are pretty slow growers.I know snakes grow according to how they are being feed and cared for. True right?

Dirtydmc

Strange_Evil said:
Dirtydmc said:

Sounds cool that's something i'm looking for as we'll because i have quite a few furry critters,although i wouldn't ever really let them interact with my reptiles.

I read a lot they are pretty slow growers.I know snakes grow according to how they are being feed and cared for. True right?

Ive had mine for less than a year. Since january he's grown over a foot. I feed him 2 mice a week. Both in the same feeding. On average redtails grow 2 feet a year. Some up to 4 feet. My dogs lick him and theyve been face to face alot. No issues. My other snake doesnt feel that way though.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Thanks! ^... Still got a lot of thinking and Friday i plan to make the order. For some reason i want a Burm, they are just so beautiful, pattern,size and all. Idk really tough, but i'm coming down to either Carpet,Boa or Burm maybe? The Mojave i decided to get next season,i'll use him as a future breeder.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What kind of carpet are you looking at, Jungle, coastal, Irian Jaya, or a cross??

What about a retic??

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
I'm looking at Coastal. Retic hmm, i'd have to see if the people im buying from has anything, i plan to get my Red/blue tegu and snake shipped the same date which will be about 9days from now.

I'll call tomorrow and check.

Neeko

If I could own any any snake they would be tree boa/ python i forget but the redish with yellow spots, blue or green with blue or green spots, or a coral albino sunglow boa.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980