• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

what to buy???

eddiezahra

5 Year Member
hey so i'm moving my red tegu into his new enclosure as soon as its done (no worries pics are on the way) and i have his old 75 gal empty. its fully furnished with a fake wall, 1/2 log hide and water dish all built in but no substrate when i take it all out after i move "ferrari". any suggestions as too what i could ad to my collection? my ideas so far are: IJCP, Blue Tongue Skink, Chameleon (carpet or one of similar size). just curious to see what others do and i don't. thanks!

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
You can't go wrong with a Blue Tongue! You could also turn it into a desert viv and keep a chuckwalla or a small group of desert iguanas. Those are two of my favorite smaller species. If the viv was suitable for a tegu then it probably is totally wrong for a chameleon. They require some vertical space and good ventilation. Carpet chams are primarily wild caught and quite difficult to keep alive for any length of time.

Swtbrat

5 Year Member
Blueys are great,
spot.gif
I have Indonesian's <3> and 1 Northern.
They are all tame and fun to watch and pretty easy to care for.

Brat!

snakehandler

5 Year Member
i think jungle tortoises and tegus can live together if the enclosure is big enough. chameleons and tegus are not a good idea.

techhousejunkie

5 Year Member
i know when i move my little guy im putting a black throat monitor or savanna in my tank and after I move him Idk. im hoping my father wont realize how big the black throat is getting, thats the trick. Idk what you have but I know I always wanted a green tree python and they can live the duration of there life in a 75 gall

eddiezahra

5 Year Member
if anyone reads around i put in another thread i;'ll most likely be gettin a few cresties... one day i will get my gtp or etb... one day...

techhousejunkie

5 Year Member
ApriliaRufo said:
techhousejunkie said:
i know when i move my little guy im putting a black throat monitor or savanna in my tank

That is one HELL of a size difference. Lol. I'd go with a sav.

O I know that but it is an option for the future idk what I want to do. I do like big lizards though.

nat

5 Year Member
I was going to suggest another baby tegu ha ha... great nursery tank ha ha

or a bts. I love my bts

Tux

5 Year Member
I'm a big fan of chuckwalla's. Their not as largely kept as some other species and are rather interesting. A Uro maybe (not Uromastyx aegyptius mind you). Or you could go the Amphibs route their are alot of choices there. I do agree however that a BTS would be a nice addition.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980