• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What a pest!

Johnners

5 Year Member
Does anyone know what these are (pics attached)?

If so what's the best way to get rid? My tegu is brumating at the minute so is difficult to remove him. They have exploded very quickly!

Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    702 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    659 KB · Views: 36

dpjm

5 Year Member
Something got into the enclosure and thought it was a good place to lay eggs. Humid and warm... perfect for the eggs to hatch.

Johnners

5 Year Member
There is a spray for all sorts of insect, it's called ECO SMART. All natural and safe for people and animals. I use it all the time.

Some ECO SMART is on it way. Thanks for the tip. Never heard of anything like this before. It's handy as I keep a few arachnids in the room as well.

They must have made their way in when I opened the window as I do regularly to air it out as he is kept in his own room. But these unwanted guests are not welcome!

Johnners

5 Year Member
Thanks for the suggestion of Eco smart. It has managed to keep the numbers down but I've also resulted to use provent a mite as well. Had great success with this in the past.

I've identified them as fungus gnats I think and as a result started to dry the substrate out a bit but not too much in the hope it will kill them off. My main problem with treating the room is that be is brumating at the minute and I don't want to disturb him anymore than I have to.

Any more suggestions? Cheers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont