• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Water ???

prowler33

Ok so I live in a house that requires a water softener for all the potable water, and I was curious to know is it safe formmy
Tegu? I was under the impression that if we drink , cook and wash in it it was ok . I also have bottledmwater available , but see this as very costly as he/ she gets older any input on this would be great . Thanks

G

I would get another kind of water ..

Usually they only put water softener [ salt ] on the hot water side but you know what you have ..

What do you drink ??

G

I have the same problem and bottled water is really expensive so I bought a small water filter that I fill in the sink and puut in the fridge and I can drink it and so can they. They are cheap and you only change the filter once every two months. I also buy the 99cent gallon water jugs. They come in handy too!

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
I do not have a tegu yet, but for the rest of my herps(reptiles) i use zoo med Repti Safe Water Conditioner and that works good.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They have all kinds of Filters you can use these days. From the pitchers you refill to cartridges that you put on your main water line. It just depends on how many people you have in your house (water usage) and how much you're willing to spend. In the long run Filtered water benefits everyone in the household pets as well. Bottled water is a waste of money since they're not as pure as advertised or as regulated as they should be.

The only time I would use a water conditioner for animals would be for a fish tank or pond. Other wise its a waste of money especially when there's so many ways to filter your own water.

G

Salt comes out pretty hard .

Reverse osmosis ,Used in Salt water and to a lesser extent freshwater aquarium set ups when people have trouble like this ..
would be the best option ..

If there is some way to get to the water before you put the salt in it would be the best if only to give you purer water to start with before filtering ..

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Montana I don't totally get what your saying, but if your saying what I think your trying to say. They still make Household Water Conditioner and Softener units that do both,.. remove hard minerals and contaminants.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980