• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Violent little fellow

bradyjurk

Hey tegu folks! I have a very very very aggresive Colombian gu. I got him about a month ago and the people I got him from never touched him D: !!!! He is about 4 to 5 months old and about 16 inches. Hes bitten me around 60 times but I just take them and keep trying to socialize. Some days he is very nice and will let me just pick him right up to go to eat, but most days he just huffs and puffs and then bites. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Patience is probably the number one piece of advice.
Don't give up on him. Just keep doing what you're doing. Be patient with him, realize on his bad days when he needs to be left alone. Take advantage of his good days without pushing the envelope. Try using small treat foods to encourage him to be nice.
Would love to see some photos of him and his setup if you get a chance!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu