• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Used NIX and now my snake is dying.. video

dragonqueen4

5 Year Member
So, I found mites and was told to use nix to treat all my reptiles. I got the nix, diluted 29g with 2liters of water as the website said. I treated both the snakes with it and their tanks, but I only treated 3 of my 10 lizards with it because I didnt know if it was safe for them. I sprayed all of the enclosures though and waited for them to dry before putting the reptiles back in. I didnt wash the nix off any of the enclosures or the 2 snakes, as the website said.. anyway, its affecting them all differently. Yesterday my boa seemed a little shaky, now today he seems fine. The lizards I sprayed seem fine, but my savannah monitor, which I didnt spray(only his tank) is shaking as well. My ruthvens kingsnake.. thats another story, take a look at this video I took of him this morning.. hes actually going crazy for the last 12 hours at least. . seems like he has neurological damage maybe? I really dont know what to do with him. My guess is hes not going to make it. I feel so bad to watch him suffer.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pOywUU0cro" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pOywUU0cro</a><!-- m -->

TanMan57

5 Year Member
I'm not sure. Try putting him a tub for a few days see if its just the tank. Also try giving him a bath see if that snaps him back.

paulsreef

5 Year Member
I've used nix before on my redtail boa without any problem. You seemed to have followed the diluting instructions. Did the snakes somehow injest the solution? I try to keep it away from their eyes, mouth and noses. Water bowls must also be removed from enclosures during treatment.

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
I would take to a herp vet . and agree some soaking in luke warm water may help. and rinse the cage out good no smell medication left in the cage or on cage decorations water bowls etc. but would take to vets if no improvement.
jd

dragonqueen4

5 Year Member
Hes slowed down, yesterday was laying on his back shaking, today hes laying pretty still but has these huge kinks in his body.. ive never seen anything like it before

snake011.jpg

snake005.jpg

Primestick

5 Year Member
I would recomend washing him, with warm watter. Then moving him to a plastic container with fresh bedding in it. Get it to a vet if it is nuro there is meds out there that block recepters (works like zoloft) the only stuff i know of is for humans, they also give a stimulant with it to keep the heart rate up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu