• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

URGH!

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Got on craigslist, and saw this:
my friend has a Columbian Red Tailed Boa that she has owned since neo nate. he is a pet not neck jewelry. he has a 10 gallon tank & warming pad. he is only feed once to twice a month to keep him from getting huge. we want someone that will take good care of him & not just get him to show off for a month or 2 then realize that they want something else. he is about 7 years old. his name is General Maximus if you want him to grow bigger all you have to do is feed him more but not recommended if small children are around. we will sell for $150 with tank. call terry 615-969-9875. i didnt have a pic so i used one of the web that is very close.

The boa is only 4 ft, at 7 years old, and the poor thing is cramped up in a 10 gallon tank. I'm going to try to reason with them and see if they'll give me the snake for free, or maybe a trade for some junk I have laying around. He/She will go in a 75 gallon tank I have open...let's just hope it's not to thin. Poor thing...gah, I hate that. They didn't want it to get big so they fed it less and kept it in a tiny tank? That's just...AGH! Could they not just get a corn snake, and a 20 gallon tank? Doesn't get too big, doesn't take up a large amount of space...viola.

The captain

5 Year Member
you cant change the fact that idiots will always have reptiles.

But you can make a huge difference in the life of that boa.

10 gallon? my pyxie frog was crammed in a 10!

Beazer

5 Year Member
Buying from craigslist is as bad as buying from petsmart/petco. I cant tell people enough just to not go on craigslist. Its sad but "rescuing" is just a way of supporting the crap that goes on. And also, like Ive said before, craigslist HURTS the economy and affects retail stores (especially some of the good ma and pa stores). Sure, some people pocket money and its a way of stimulating the economy in that manner. But, if you think about it, it hurts the stores which people rely on for jobs and causes jobloss (it really is that bad in a lot of places). Its good you have a heart for the animal, and hopefully he will give it up for free to you. Regardless of what anybody does, there will always be another idiot to post an add very similar to that on craigslist. I hope the best for that animal though :( . Too bad you can't turn them in for animal cruelty. I mean yeah, in the wild the animals go weeks inbetween without meals but the whole ten gallon with a heat pad really strikes a nerve for all of us and pisses us off. I can understand a meal once every 2 weeks but once a month.... And definitely, even for 1 meal a month that snake is waaaay undersized.

-Jon DeLong

ashesc212

5 Year Member
You could report them for animal cruelty:
If you suspect that an animal has been abused, by someone you know or by a stranger, there are things you can do. The most important act you can take is to report the cruelty to your local law enforcement. In some cities, this may be animal control or a department of Humane Law Enforcement, while in other areas the police or sheriffÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢s department may be the agency in charge of these sorts of crimes.

If you are unsure of who to contact, try your local yellow pages, or you can use the ASPCA's Humane Law Enforcement Lookup page to locate the agency in your area. You can also check the front section of your telephone yellow pages and search for Animal Control.

Some areas (especially more rural parts of the country) may not have a designated Animal Control Department, in which case there may be a an branch of a local humane society that has been assigned the power to investigate cruelty cases. If your city does not have an animal control or humane law enforcement department, cruelty cases may fall under the jurisdiction of the sheriff's department or local police.

If you witness animal cruelty in progress and do not know the number to the appropriate agency, CALL 911. Animal cruelty is a CRIME, and the police dispatcher will be able to determine which department should respond.

Repeat offenses of animal cruelty crimes are a rule, not an exception - and there are many times when an investigation into an animal cruelty crime uncovers human-related crimes as well. When officers go to the home to investigate an animal cruelty issues, they often find evidence of domestic abuse, child neglect, drugs and other dangerous situations. Reporting animal cruelty could save a human life.

When a violent crime is committed against anyone you love, there is always a flood of emotions: anger, outrage, hurt, worry, helplessness... Your pets are no exception, and when someone deliberately causes them harm, the reaction isn't much different than if they had attacked a human family member. The fact is, there are some things you can do. Animal abuse is a crime, and depending on where you live, it can be a pretty serious one.

Do NOT attempt to deal with the crime yourself. The authorities are there to help you, and the sooner they are involved, the better.

DaRealJoker

5 Year Member
Wow I found my tegu that way. I saw him on the local bulletins and went to check it out. I saw what I thought wasn't any good and thought I had to do something. Money doesn't meen squat to me so I payed him what he was asking. 125 for Tegu, 30 gallon tank, and a couple lights and deco. First thing I did when I got home was stash the 30 gallon away and began a real cage for my tegu. Did loads of research and now I have a thick healthy strong fast tegu. I think it takes all kinds of people to make the world go round. And the most important ones are those who take action. Best of luck and saving that snakes life. The lil thing needs a person like you more than anything I think. Hope you get to bring it home. Happy Holidays, to you and I hope that snake too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu