• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Underground reptile's Purple tiger Tegus.

ilovelizards

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=115&de=943229#.UDVcZcxUbJ0.facebook

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=115&de=943227#.UDVcRJ9_Gu4.facebook

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Calling the purple tigers could be confusing. There are tiger salamanders, snakes etc, but historically no tiger tegus. Listing them like they did eliminates any issue or promises that this is a morph. If it breeds out then great but by calling them by the tiger name can lead people to believe that they are a morph and when they do not breed true could get into the sticky situation. Its a smart move on undergrounds part, less confusion and issues.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well I was right on the price. The tigers aren't in either of those ads, the "tigers" were the paradox ones and I'm sure they are holding on to them.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They were for sale at the expo. $5K for albinos and $7500 for the paradox. I told him i was surprised he wasn't holding them back, but he said if someone would pay, he would sell.

bmx3000max

Mabe he already noes its not a morph so hes probly thinking he might as well sell them if he cant recreate them and before everyone else finds that out to, i could be wrong

Steven.

2012-08-18110043.jpg

As laura said... I took this picture because i knew this was gonna be a topic...lol

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Albinos go for whatever those that want one are willing to pay. I have seen them priced as high as $10k for an adult.

@bmx3000max - the albinos are a morph, now the paradox on the other hand are a fluke. As far as I know nobody has ever been able to breed and purposely get a paradox. They tend to just show up, this is from my experience in snakes, but I'm pretty certain it would be the same with tegus (lizards).

UggLeeDog

5 Year Member
My name is Rian and I am the breeder of these amazing lizards, I will gladly field any questions or concerns you all have at any time here or at our website. I can not stress enough how blessed I am to have been so fortunate as to breed these lizards and after trying different combos for 5 years produce what I was trying to! I love your guys forum here I share with you guys a love and facination for these creatures and the fact that I can make a living selling the offspring is even more of an amazing life I am blessed to be living! I am so enamered by these new Tegu morphs I can't even bring myself to sell them and I have been offered more than 10K each!!! Still I can't bring myself to sell even one of them! So fire away!

nbmiller59

Did u also do the par. Red and weight? My name is Nick i sent u an email or atleast tried. Die like to buy one if u could get back to me at [email protected] it would be great. Thank you and congratulations on the babies!:)

UggLeeDog

5 Year Member
Thanks yes we do those as well we produced over 100 of those but we are sold out of those sorry, everything went so fast this year you guys are so great thanks!

The genetics on those are fine as the Blues and Reds are close enough related that the eggs are a bit tricky but I'm having solid success with them. I cooked them too hot so 5 of the animals came out with kinks, please know a not so big secret that genetic kinks wont straighten but incubation kinks will totally heal and usually look 100% in less than a year with good nutrition and high UVB. Please also keep in mind there are 5 animals with kinks and they are coming along nicely and more important for this forum don't you think if I was trying to hide it I wouldn't have put them on YouTube? I ain't just all about the do-ray-me To be more honest those are my favs real tough guy fighters and I guess I have a heart for the "tweaked" they are amongst fellow Tweeksters I guess? Why did I cook them too hot? good problem I guess but my total stupidity we had so many eggs in the incubator that the temps were 7 degrees hotter than any previous year, I didn't account for it, I'm pretty dumb sometimes! This year I'm getting all new real incubators and getting away from the old fashioned stuff I've been using too long.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu