• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

TODAY -- Got a New Female Columbian

Crusher08

5 Year Member
Yeah so, I made a trade today, one of my ball pythons for a female argentine b&w tegu. Only, when the guy showed up today to do the trade, turned out, she was not an argentine, which bumbed me out majorly because I was planning on breeding my boy Crush to her in the future. Although she is not what I had my heart set on, I fell in love with the gal anyway, and named her Amaila. Very pretty name, for a very pretty girl.

So, she is fine when I get her out of the enclosure, but getting her out turns out to be a major biatch. She doesn't try to bite, or even open her mouth to threaten. She just huffs and like, makes these fake little attempts to whip me with her tail. Was wondering if anyone had any helpful tips? I was told she was a little cage aggressive. I feel that she is just scared; she use to live in an enclosure where she couldn't see out, and now she can, could that be playing a role? Anyways, thank you!

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Congrats on the new Gu,..Colombians can be just as calm and handle able as B & W's. You can use the same techniques, they just take more time and patience. I was living in the Barracks when I got my first Gu and it was a Columbian also. She was a Spaz (also her name) that eventually calmed down and I've had a Gu ever since.

Some days I couldn't walk into my room with out her flipping out and she couldn't even see the door.

Since she's fine when she's out you have to get her use to you being in her territory. Either while she's settling in or after she has had time to. From an article of clothing in the enclosure, sitting with your hand in there with out try to touch or pick her up in the beginning. Cleaning the enclosure and moving things around while she's in there also helped me out. Even if its just sitting outside of it where she can see you, also take it slow when doing anything around them. In the beginning if there were any quick movements,... she would bolt.

Just remember,..time and patience, she'll come around. Eventually she'll start to come to you when you open the door just like Crusher does :-D .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus