• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tiggy is here but odd poo?! advice?

D&Tiggy

Hello,

This lovely girl finally joined our home yesterday. She has such a lovely temperament and fitted in so well.

She has eaten 2 small chicks this morning as per in keeping with her routine at the reptile centre (2 chicks once a week, locusts/fruit/veg) the rest of the week. Shes had yellow waste which I have removed but then some spectacularly large, runny brown poo (I'm assuming). This stuff was EVERYWHERE! She has had banana and pear also which are normal parts of her diet but she did have a long car journey here.

Her viv is huge, she has a cold area and warm area and the thermometer is at 32 degrees centigrade. She has fresh water and enough substrate to dig in.

She's now not too happy and hiding under my old t shirt I've put in the viv.

Any ideas? I've never seen her stools yet but assuming this isn't great.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

D&Tiggy

Photos as attached.

Attachments

• DSC_0868.JPG
    DSC_0868.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
  • DSC_0878.JPG
    DSC_0878.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 32

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What a beautiful now pal. Reds are more fruit and veggie eaters. Could be that's how it is. Others here have reds and can chime in better. In the meantime, consider saitching from chicks to f/t adult mice. That may or may not change poop consistancy. Also, adult mice have calcified bones.

D&Tiggy

Thank you for your answer. Im vegetarian so we have tons of her food in the house anyway. Thank you for your advice, I will try the mice, I'm not keen on beaks on the chicks anyway!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu