• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

those unwary to varnyard

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Re: Those waiting for Varnyard to ship...

My bf just got off the phone with Bobby and he said he has 600 tegus left to ship.unfortunately he gave no info on timelines.just that the march deposit ones were 'coming up soon '.he said someone recorded a phone conversation and put it on a site and the police went to the person's house that recorded the phonecall...he said he can't send out a hundred at a time because he doesn't want any to get hurt because the more you send out at a time the risk of harm is higher.I wish my bf had asked what I told him to...specifically what deposit month is shipping out this week.but he got off the phone before asking.grrr.anyway...just trying to update on the side of 'let's assume he's filling orders...but just got over his head and now has an attitude because he's being attacked.' I'm not saying everything's great now...I'm just trying to stay positive as I try to fight my sadness and growing anxiety over this.on another note,zoo creatures in plaistow has argentine black and white babies for 250 and reds for 400... they also have the columbians.an option in case things really don't happen with Bobby ...*sigh*

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

dgates08

RE: Those waiting for Varnyard to ship...

I want to know if there is anyone out there who has actually received a 2012 tegu from Varnyard yet??

Scott Hogge

dgates08 said:
I want to know if there is anyone out there who has actually received a 2012 tegu from Varnyard yet??

A few people got extremes or AA. Like 2 or 3 that I am aware of.

Nobody got a red. I've heard everything from 'none hatched' to 'he sold them all to germany' about the reds.

To the best of my knowledge, nobody has gotten a regular b&w. Please correct me here if anyway has.

There is no doubt that he really does still breed tegus. If nobody got a tegu the scam would be instantly realized. As I said in a previous post, I believe he only ships out something like 20 tegus to the 20 people most likely to make a youtube video of 'My 2012 Varnyard....', and just collects hundreds of deposits that he doesn't intend to fullfil.

Anyone who was not in that lucky 20 he used to perpetrate the scam is most likely not going to ever be shipped anything. The more you believe this 'timeline' story, the harder it is for you to pursue actions against him.

Even if you were to take him at his word, if he still has 600 animals left to ship out of 800 that he took deposits for, and he is purposely spreading out the animals to 10 tegus every monday for 'safety', those hypothetical animals would not be arriving for another 12 months. The 'timeline' is the scam. There are no more tegus. He is straight up lying to you on the phone. He is stealing your money. Fight back.

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

the_cw

I've already filled out an IC3 report and hope others do the same. Here I am sitting at 4 days without a response back about a refund. I'm with todeyius.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member

There's no way he has 600 tegus. Sorry but I don't believe it. No reds = way less. Let's say 1 clutch of AA since he only has one female to produce with. How many B&W's does he produce per year? I doubt he could even sell 600 tegus with the market right now. It'd have to be a helluva lot. How many eggs are typically in a clutch of tegus? 30 or 40 average? He'd have to have around 15 black and whites that laid eggs. Even if it's 60 per clutch which I find extremely unlikely as a consistent clutch size then he'd still have to have at least 10 females producing with a perfect hatch rate. I don't buy 600 per year.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

This whole 600 tegus shipped to Germany and how he takes you all off his lists for reds just makes me laugh. You put a deposit down, correct? So in a normal situation, a deposit guarantees you the product you've paid for, reserving it in a sense. Bobby's methods are foolish and unprofessional. So glad the truth is finally being shed, this whole situation got blown off last year when the same thing happened with the reds. A thief is what he is after 2 years of unexplained events. I use to regard Bobby at such a high level of respect and even had stock from him a couple years ago, unfortunately I recommended him to several handfuls of people interested in purchasing tegus. NEVER, will that happen again!

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club

He told my bf in that same conversation on the phone today that he has 300 animals of his own that he breeds...hmmm.well considering my anxiety about this experience is triggering cluster migraines ( I have chronic pain and have been bedridden since friday this time)... my bf said he's taking me to zoocreatures in plaistow, nh tomorrow and paying 250 for a nice argentine blk and wht who still has green head...anyone in my area just fyi they also have baby reds but for 400. Not sure if that's helpful to anyone....this whole thing is so sad and horrible.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

Posting someone's address or phone number on-line with the intent of causing then harm can be construed as harrassment. I am editing posts to remove that information.

If your posts are being edited or removed, it is to protect Josh, the owner of the forum.

Chelvis, thanks for your support. I remember when posts were removed and people banned all the time just for disagreeing. That is not happening any longer. No one is removing posts to stop any discussion.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club

If anyone who has done business with Bobby is unhappy with his service, I believe his address is on the internet.I have chosen to buy from a local breeder and when/ if Bobby calls me to ship baby I'll make decision then ( to sell or keep...depending on my ability to care for two). I will not order another animal from him.unfortunately this experience has ruined it.but I made the decision to trust an online business without real 'contract ' and for the record, I had a huge issue with a well known computer company charging me and sending me two six hundred dollar laptops...long story short bbb was involved.same with dispute with verizon.all I'm saying is big or small...business and customer service can suck and we live learn and move on...this is horrible for all of us who suffered but we each have our own way of dealing with it.I hope everyone gets their money back who goes that route. And finds reputable breeders to get their babies from.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

You can post anything you want to direct someone to find a public record. ahem

You just can't post an address, especially because in this case it also a residential. It may seem like I'm trying to be a PIA, but if you cover your butt, it usually works out better for you in the long run.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member

Aka post the link where you got the info from guys. It's easy and won't put the forum in jeopardy.

Scott Hogge

TegusRawsome80 said:
Aka post the link where you got the info from guys. It's easy and won't put the forum in jeopardy.

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/varnyard-herps-inc.com

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

On a side note...that makes me want to make some changes in my own domain registration. o_O

frost

1,000+ Post Club

wow,this head has gone on for a long time.seems like ever since bobbys lost most of his stock people have had problems with getting tegus. guess im one of the lucky ones that got what i wanted and received updates almost for 3 weeks straight before i got my tegus.It might the be that you are emailing him or w/e in a threatening manor and are being rude so he isnt going to talk to you.i have received two tegus from him and haven't had a complaint yet.

the_cw

I am being somewhat rude, and I suspect others are too, but that's mostly due to him not giving any real information. Like, for instance, insisting he would ship animals on a date and then not responding, etc. Now, I'm expecting a refund from him and have heard *nothing*. I think I have a right, such that there is, to be rude.

frost

1,000+ Post Club

well i expect those who aren't getting their animals that they payed for to be upset. i was just saying that that is most likely why he isn't answering.or hes dodging you.

the_cw

I just got off the phone with him. He says he shipped out tons of Tegus today(anyone else hear from him?) and he will give me my refund for the second $75. However, when pressed, he did call me a number of offensive racial slurs that I will not repeat. Guy seems like he's in way over his head and had no answer for why he hasn't shipped recently other than "the weather." To be honest, I was very disappointed having that conversation.

TeguLouie

this was the dumbest video i have seen about this entire situation. how can anyone prove that that is bobby's house. someone else perpetuating the hate. the people that have something owed to them have a reason to be angry but not to blast him or where he lives. this should be taken down.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

Yes, that has been removed before. The idea is to be a little more "20/20", "Dateline", "60 Minutes", and a little less "Maury Povich", "Divorce Court". Be angry, post what happened, but not in a libelous manner, a manner that can be construed as harassing (for Josh's sake and to protect your own claim), and without offensive language.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

I have gone through this thread and removed posts that were senseless, full of vulgarities, or disrespectful to a moderator in ANY way. These types of behaviors will NOT be tolerated. Our moderators VOLUNTEER their time here and they deserve your respect because they do a fantastic job moderating TeguTalk the way I would like them to. If you have an issue with a mod, take it up with me. PM me or email me [email protected]. Anything else will be deleted and possibly cause for a warning or banning.
I understand some of you are upset - I would be too! - but name-calling and speculating isn't going to help anyone. Many people have posted a few different avenues through which you could pursue contact with Bobby or seek a refund - do so if you choose.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu