• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

This tegu doesnt look red, why?

Neeko

You guys are all full of so much info I was browsing and found a red tegu that doesnt look very red.

Attachments

• not very red.jpg
    not very red.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 9

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here is the post so people can get the bigger pictures, the one above is just too small.
http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=115&de=867195

You can see along the tail some red is coming out. Some reds are a very mute red and more of a creamy color. Some breeders go for colors other go for size and some simply go for money. Gentics is also different amounst litter mates, so a clutch mate might be more red. But this is in fact a red tegu.

katoeLAZARO

That's how my tegu looks like. You hardly see red its more of like a creamy color like he said but around his arms and belly you see a very bright red and on the black along he's back some red dots are appearing. Im guessing as he grows the red starts to spread.

Just this one is a bit more white lol

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think its a true red. There are different shades and patterns between the subspecies. Some reds are dark, some bright, it depends on the genetics.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeguSteff