• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

This is boring

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
What you expect,her to run up to you and beg to be scratched? Ball pythons hide, its what they do. They aren't very active snakes.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This is why I got out of snakes for a while, I got bored. I am getting back into them for breeding purposes. I will have my lizards ( and my cats ) for "pets"

Aardbark

5 Year Member
Forgive me, but if you dont like snakes, or find them boring. Why did you get one?

I feel sorry for the snake, no real careing.

roastedspleen

Aardbark said:
Forgive me, but if you dont like snakes, or find them boring. Why did you get one?

I feel sorry for the snake, no real careing.

scuse me sir i never said i didnt like it and i do care for it a lot its just not very interactive and if any of you want it go ahead its free although i dont think anyone on here lives anywhere near the bay area. im just interested in a more challanging animal that i see more often. i dont have the time to stay up til 10:00 at night to see him slither around and look around like hes trapped (in a sense he kind of is).

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
roastedspleen said:
Iv had pokey for two months now. He/she is boring to take care of though... I just throw in a thawed rat every week....

Can't go wrong with a tegu.

roastedspleen

im getting one soon this year

also may i ask that have any of you ever wondered what i was on when i named my profile "roastedspleen"?

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
You haven't had this animal for more than 3months and your already giving up? Where did you ever read a ball python was interactive, it sounds to me like your looking for a cat or dog not a reptile.

And the name "RoastedSpleen" i thought was different and kind of cool.

babyyitslove

Get me a shipping quote to 88310, school yourself on proper shipping, book it, and send him here =0)

I love my ball pythons. Mine aren't as reclusive as they were when I first got them. They like to go outside, and seem to enjoy( or not mind) being handled.
And just a heads up.... my snakes are out more than my Tegus.
I have one Colombian and one argentine that ever really make themselves known. So its hit and miss.

And what will you do when the tegu hibernates?

roastedspleen

no prob although my mom might have a spaz fit when i say i want to ship it to someone. he/she is pretty much handleable he/she dosnt hiss anymore when i walk in the room
Strange_Evil said:
You haven't had this animal for more than 3months and your already giving up? Where did you ever read a ball python was interactive, it sounds to me like your looking for a cat or dog not a reptile.

And the name "RoastedSpleen" i thought was different and kind of cool.

i have 5 cats right now and dont want another. nor a dog either
i know it wasnt going to be very interactive but i didnt expect i would only see it at night hours when i need to go to sleep nor do i want to disturb it while its hideing just to hold it. its almost like its not there.

roastedspleen

what will i do when it hibernates? hmmmm good question. well i definitly wont try and handle it. im probably going to get more than just a tegu so i can take care of more than one animal and if i cant than ill find another hobby til it comes out of hibernation

whats a quote?? i feel like an idiot because that word has more than one meaning..........

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus