• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Thinking about getting a Green Tree Python

Nero

5 Year Member
Ive wanted one for years and after doing tons and tons or reading on these beautiful snakes, i'm thinking about buying one within the next week or two. The store has 2 babies in does anyone have any experience with them?

Mvskokee

5 Year Member
i have wanted one for awhile they are awesoem heard their temp. is okay some are mean. nedd a tallcage

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
I used to have them they are WAAAAY cool. Just keep the Humidity around 80 to 90 %. I kept mine in tubs with only a few holes poked in the sides. Keep the water bowl on the warmed. Put your perch over the water bowl. Put one on the cool end also. Feed them good and that is it. Oh yeah don't get bit. They have Huge teeth and even babies bite hard and draw blood. They are a very good snake to own once you get the hang of it. Gregg Maxwell wrote a couple of books on them. Get yourself the last one he wrote and you'll be set. That book is the best thing ever written on the subject. Gregg is a great guy and very intelligent. I hope this helps. I would be happy to answer any question I can.

Mvskokee

5 Year Member
everytime i see that pic harvey i think its you for some reason even though ji have seen your picture

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Mvskokee said:
everytime i see that pic harvey i think its you for some reason even though ji have seen your picture
LOL It is me with about 200lbs added to me. LOL I saw that and I thought it was funny. I have all kinds of crazy Avatars. Most aren't for mixed audiences. LOL( kids and adults) I like to express the mood I'm in with my Avatar.

Nero

5 Year Member
Awesome tips thanks guys. I'm gonna go looking at horizontal terrariums on Thursday and start buying the right supplies I need. I wanna test the humidity with this before I purchase a GTP. I had a hell of a time getting humidity up with my Columbian tegu cause I live in a desert. So im gonna experiment with the tank first and once I got it all down I will be a proud owner of the most exotic snakes in the world. Though I think the Green mamba is by the the prettiest but I dont feel like dying right now lol thanks guys!

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Hey if you check out Gregg Maxwells site he has some really cool cages and they aren't bad priced either. The Book I mentioned is called The Complete Chondro.

Beazer

5 Year Member
Chondros are pretty easy to care for. Most peoples problem is keeping the humidity too high too constant. The best cages I have used are the vision v322's. A bit pricey but well worth it. The cages greg makes are cool but I believe you have to reseal them every 2yrs or so? Also, really depends on the locality of the Chondros. I am not Gregs biggest fan because I am a locality freak and yes there is a difference in locality animals. My personal favs are highlands and Kofiaus. I use to have Kofiau Island chondros "Canary chondros" but traded them off and now regret it everyday. As for Greg Maxwells book whether you like him or not, its a good book to read and good information. I believe he has a newer updated version out? But let us know what you are looking at getting into as far as locality goes and we can try to hook you up with some good info.

-Jon DeLong

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Beazer said:
Chondros are pretty easy to care for. Most peoples problem is keeping the humidity too high too constant. The best cages I have used are the vision v322's. A bit pricey but well worth it. The cages greg makes are cool but I believe you have to reseal them every 2yrs or so? Also, really depends on the locality of the Chondros. I am not Gregs biggest fan because I am a locality freak and yes there is a difference in locality animals. My personal favs are highlands and Kofiaus. I use to have Kofiau Island chondros "Canary chondros" but traded them off and now regret it everyday. As for Greg Maxwells book whether you like him or not, its a good book to read and good information. I believe he has a newer updated version out? But let us know what you are looking at getting into as far as locality goes and we can try to hook you up with some good info.

-Jon DeLong
I agree with you . But he does have good info on them. The new books is Volume 2 or something like that. It is much better than the first one.

Nero

5 Year Member
What locality of chonros would you prefer? I decided not to buy the chondro at this pet store just because I had a bad feeling about their health. This was where I got my first bearded dragon from and it died within 3 weeks. Their store was even mentioned in reptiles magazine last year. So I think im gonna go through a breeder this time. If you have any good sites please share them

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
I myself like them all. The cheaper the better to me. LOL Biak are a good starter that won't break you to get one. Be warned they are addictive. LOL I would never buy from a pet store. Most breeders are high. LOL But if you can find a good importer. You can get some pretty good ones for not too bad price. It really depends on how much money you want to sink it them.

Beazer

5 Year Member
Wamenas are more forgiving, especially when it gets cool. Biaks are easy too but their color after about 5yrs turns not so purdy. Though, biaks would be the cheapest. I really like how biaks look for the first few years of their life. Even then after they turn mostly green they always have really wicked shaped heads.

-Jon DeLong

Magik

5 Year Member
MY personal favorite Loclaity is sorong they get to a good size and have great adult colours and arent too pricey hopefully be getting one very soon cant wait!!! :-D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus