• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

thermogradient

Cali 202

5 Year Member
I have been planning on using my 4'x2' enclosure for my baby tegu I will be getting from Dave in a month or so, and just sectioning it off. But I was looking at it yesterday and realized that if I do that, there wont be much of a thermogradient. Any thoughts on this? If I have to I will go buy a 30 breeder or something, i just really prefer front openings.

MIKE-ZILLA

5 Year Member
i think 4x2 is a good starter size for a baby.He will grow into it. just dont make the substrate too deep or you might not see him too often.i wouldnt buy anything smaller.they grow pretty fast and you will be upgrading before you know it.

Cali 202

5 Year Member
Thats what I was thinking, im a little worried about having trouble getting him out of the cage with it being that big for as small as he'll be. But I guess I will just have to figure out what works best when he gets here! =]

wyattroa

5 Year Member
well when i got my gu i out him in my 4x2x2 cage.... yeah lets just say im not going to make that mistake ever again.. i will go smaller. It is way too hard to try and get a small tegu out of that cage..i got so frustrated. he would just take off to the other side of the cage..it is also harder to bond with the gu.. where with a smaller cage it is easier to just rest your hand in there.
robert

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeguSteff