• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

texas reptile exhange

preston897

has anyone ever dealt with these guys? are they legit? im speaking with them about a tegu. and they say they already have 2010 hatchlings from a breeder in florida who is not bobby.

preston897

i am also looking at johnny larocca's tegus. bobbys gu's are great! but im just looking around you know? you never know where you may find they tegu that ill fall in love with. i am also talking to a couple in my area who may be getting rid of their three year old male B&W

sclevenger08

5 Year Member
I don't know anything about the Texas people at all. But I have one of Johnny's tegus and I must say that he is great to deal with, always there for questions you may have.

However I've heard great things about bobbys as well. So you should probably just go with a regular breeder or the couple you mentioned. That way your 100% sure on what your getting.

I wouldn't go with those Texas people. Im pretty sure(feel free to correct me) but im pretty sure that babies don't hatch until june-september depending on where your at in the states.

preston897

thats what i was under the impression of. i just didnt know if it was possible. it is a big red flag for me. and they wont give me the name of their breeder. they say its confidential.

TanMan57

5 Year Member
preston897 said:
thats what i was under the impression of. i just didnt know if it was possible. it is a big red flag for me. and they wont give me the name of their breeder. they say its confidential.
I wouldnt go with them, I believe its colder in florida this year so the tegu's out there are still hibernating or just waking up which leads me to believe that the texas people either have an 09' baby or an import.

preston897

yea im not going with them. they said they can assure me that it is a 2010 baby. what do you think about going with the 3 y/o tegu?

TanMan57

5 Year Member
preston897 said:
yea im not going with them. they said they can assure me that it is a 2010 baby. what do you think about going with the 3 y/o tegu?
well as long as you have a proper enclosure and it has a good attitude then I say go for it

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There are no CBBs hatched in the US yet, they are 110% imports. It is way too soon and the weather is just now getting good for breeding to begin. Buyer beware on this one, remember South American imports are now showing up in the US.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029