• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Temporary Housing - ASAP

Draco D Tegu

Ok so a pal of mine called me about a Gu that was left behind in a family member's apartment. They're going to get it tonight to get it out of a VERY bad situation, no food etc. It will be coming to my house shortly thereafter. Apparently it is in good shape but very hungry. No problem, I wanted a second one, so I'll take her...BUT.....

I AM OUT OF ENLCLOSURES. Leaving the Gu in its current home is NOT an option and I shudder to think what would happen if animal control got her.

I need ideas for a temporary housing solution for this girl! Right now I'm scouring around for something on the web in classifieds.

Ideas?

It will take me about 2 days to build an enclosure, 2 days to drylock and vent it and light it. So I'm looking for an idea that will last her what...4 days?

G

Big Rubbermaid or stock tank with a heat lamp ...

Good luck with your new tegu !!

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
How big is she? If not very big a rubbermaid/sterilite tub would work.

G

Bath tub with glass door ??

I have two new goats drying off in the shower right now ..

DSC00499.jpg

slideaboot

5 Year Member
I'm with Montana. Bathroom is a nice option. Maybe clamp a basking light somewhere safe, leave some water and a hide, see what happens...

It can't be any worse than where she's coming from.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
The tub idea sound brilliant for a 4day set up. If you decide to go with a rubber maid heres some direction on setting a light up on it,
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showthread.php?19042-90-QT-Sterilite-Housing-W-Light.(LOTS-OF-PICTURES" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showthre ... F-PICTURES</a><!-- m -->)

Good luck with her.

G

That`s what I said a stock tank ...

My tegu is in one as we speak ....

You most likely have one around if it`s not full of ice .

I use a four hundred gallon round for a pond [outside] and i use the 100 gallon tanks for indoor ponds ..

slideaboot

5 Year Member
montana said:

I use a four hundred gallon round for a pond [outside] and i use the 100 gallon tanks for indoor ponds ..

Two things:

1) Indoor ponds? Whadya keep in 'em?

2) Indoor pondS (with an "s"? Plural? More than one indoor pond?)

G

DSC05973.jpg

I keep fish in them !!

Crabs, tadpoles. frogs, turtles .....

Right now I only have one stock tank in the house and it has Darwin my Tegu in it ..

My outside fish are sharing homes in aquariums I have and a 55gallon plastic drum ..

Indoor ponds are cool tho as you get a whole different perspective on your fish and such than you do with an aquarium ..

Fish seem to breed better in them also ....

Draco D Tegu

montana said:

Sorry! I see that post now! LOL missed it while I was driving home.

That's what I'm gonna do actually b/c I have a TSC right around the corner from me.

A 110 gallon should do short term. After that I can put my tortise in it!

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Draco D Tegu said:
Ok....what's a blue dempsy? Like a Jack Dempsy only blue?

Yup, "Electric Blue Jack Dempsey" is a recessive color morph of the common Jack Dempsey (Rocio octofasciata)

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_0955_2.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

Draco D Tegu

Nice looking fish! Props to you!

I gave up on fish a long time ago. Several unsuccessful tanks was too much frustration for me. I find reptiles to be MUCH easier. Looks like you have put up a LOT of work into your breeding project! I am in awe!

G

DSC03740.jpg

Here is a picture of an [indoor pond ]

I had just experienced a defeat with growing plants in it [a lighting issue]

I later dressed it up with plastic plants ....

I also kept tadpoles ,a couple of turtles from the creek ,frogs ..[crayfish would be good too ..]

G

DSC06132.jpg

This is the top I made I would think it would keep your tegu in ..

It`s made from scrap and took less than an hour to make even scrounging for the materials and electrical ..

It is nothing fancy but I figger it`s a temporary thing ..

There are matching wood panels that set on the screen to adjust tempiture and humidity ..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me