• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu with Outer Eyelid Irritation

Spotilicus

Hi, I have an 8 or 9 year old black and white Tegu, who is pretty active and healthy all-around.

About four months ago we stowed her at a local vet while we were on a trip. They noticed that one of her eyelids was irritated. They applied some antibiotic and asked us to do the same. I think the condition went away for awhile, but has returned and is giving cause for concern.

It looks pink but not infected. Some small particles of her bedding material stick to it, but we bathe her at least every other day and apply the antibiotic.

Has anyone had a similar situation before? I think we may need to take her to the vet if it persists for another week.

sorry, no digital camera for pictures

diet is mixed fruit, greens, cat food, eggs, and mineral supplements.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029