• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

tegu will only eat one thing any suggestions?

fusionink

hey guys i've had my argentine for over a year now i'd say. he used to eat pretty much anything you would put in with him. but for some reason over the past 2 or 3 weeks all he will eat is mice i've tried turky, beef lilver, eggs, chicken, ect. once he kept refusing to eat it i tried some pre killed mice he did show an interest in it he'd pick it up and then just drop it and walk away so i tried live mice and i know alot of people forbit it cause they bit back but it's all he will eat and i have yet to see one bit back my gu has it to a science the mouse is dead within 10 seconds . any suggestions on what would cause them to turn away from all food except live mice or suggestions on what i could try? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
I know you might not want to do this but you might want to try to put a f/t rodent into a blender and put some ground turkey and fruit in it and mix it all up. Don't leave it in the blender for to long or you will end up with some puree.

fusionink

i'll give it a try i am doubting it will work though cause he doesn't seem to want to eat anything unless it is moving first i've even tried picking up the prekilled mice and wiggeling them infront of his face n he just turns away it's like it needs a hart beat or he wont touch it i donno i'll try what you suggested i'm up for anything to try n get him to eat his regulare meals again it's hard to make more then one trip a week into the pet shop here because it's so far away

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu