• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu/Reptile drawings

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I have many issues such as anxiety etc. ( can't drive certain places/distances...be in public places 'alone '... go through drivethroughs...drink from open glasses instead of bottles... depression... ) really too many to name, haha. No they are not twins. They are actually many years apart. And the older one is a high functioning autistic. The young one is more severely affected. I have known them for many years and they are def diagnosed correctly and not just kids with behavioral issues or an overboard mom. :) additionally, i think dubya is not referring to actually medically disabled kids...but kids who are actually capable of controlling their behaviors but have chosen not to because they 'get away with it ' at home. Admittedly there have been times I have fallen into that catagory. Haven't we all(?) And I have encountered both types of children over my maaaannnnyyyyy years on the planet. :) those with actual disorders definitely do not benefit from harsher discipline. They react adversely / sometimes violently...or 'shut down ' ( like me and one of my daughters).

...wow. this has gotten VERY off topic. How about them drawings??? :)

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Wow batgirl I'm slightly but high function autistic and my daughter is severely autistic

from Samsung Galaxy S3

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
How crazy this is huh? Maybe we need a new thread so we can stop filling this drawing/sketch one with these posts :/

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
I feel left out. :( My dad whupped all the disorders out of me. Except my hatred of bananas.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
D, I will tell you the banana story at Manchester. It is sad and funny.

chitodadon said:
Wow batgirl I'm slightly but high function autistic and my daughter is severely autistic

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Chito, your brain is just fine. Stop trying to steal Batgirl1 with made up sympathetic bullcookies! :cool:

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
I am not saying that Aspergers, autism, and ADHD don't exist, but every damn kid seems to have some sort of disorder. Maybe some kids are just good ole fashioned stupid. Not everyone is above average. Stupid adults start out as stupid kids. I remember a lot of them when I was in school. If everyone is above average, then average must be the new stupid. Not everyone can be a rocket scientist. The world needs truck drivers and floor sweepers too.

On a lighter note, I am working on a wonderfully lifelike drawing of Gwangi and myself that I will post on this thread when it's finished.

[attachment=6618]

Attachments

• AssB05.jpg
    AssB05.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 5
ADHD is both overdiagnosed and underdiagnosed. Half the kids taking medication don't need it, but a lot of the ones who do need it are just seen as "bad kids" and get punished.

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Re: RE: Tegu/Reptile drawings

psychocircus91 said:
ADHD is both overdiagnosed and underdiagnosed. Half the kids taking medication don't need it, but a lot of the ones who do need it are just seen as "bad kids" and get punished.

Yea I was one of the bad ones I always ran never walked

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
psychocircus91 said:

Agreed. But some parents do have to understand that their bad parenting is to blame. A lot of people can't seem to accept personal responsibility and need to blame something else for their own failure as a parent. Kids today are growing up so coddled and protected that they can't handle failure. Their brains short circuit when they fail or don't get their way. Giving trophies for losing doesn't help kids. Giving kids fake self esteem is not helping them. They need to learn that winning is good and losing is bad. This is why the Asian kids will be our bosses in a few years.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeguSteff