• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

tegu regugitation

dracsat

5 Year Member
hi
i have a female black and gold tegu, she is approx 4 yrs old. have had her for 16 months.

fed her at 1700 and at 1900 she regurgitated her med mouse whole.

ambient temp is 90
cool 78
basking 105
humidity is 60%
substrate is a sand 20% soil mix
temps taken with an i/r gun
any advice would be good. will be vtaking to vets tomorrow

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Your temps and humidity sound spot on. I havn't used soil/sand mix but it seems like a good substrate, though a bit messy, with small chance of impation. Were both mice medium mice? She only regurtitated one of them or did she not feed at one of the 2 feedings you did? How big is your tegu and how big are your medium mice? I'm at a loss but maybe if you answer some of these questions or throw in some pictures someone else might be able to give some advice. Good luck with the vet, I hope all is well.

dracsat

5 Year Member
[/quote]
DSCF0455.jpg

DSCF0460.jpg
[/img]

she is the one on the left the one on the right is my male

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
i wouldnt worry to much about it unless it happens time and time again, i do know that tegus can and will over eat at times, did your tegu eat any thing other then the mouse? save your money on the vet for now and give it a day or two try feeding and if you get the same result take her on in.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
She looks like she might be gravid, have you seen them breeding?

As for the regurge, it might be parasites, or just a bad mouse. I would watch her close, if she does it again she might need to see a vet.

dracsat

5 Year Member
many thanks to those who offerd help. unfortunatly she passed away in the night of 1st dec. the vets were booked for the 2nd

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sorry to hear that. You might want to consider getting a necroscopy done to find out what the cause of death was. This way you can be sure your male is safe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980