• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu questions

Spike the tegu

I have a juvenile black and white argentine that I allow to free roam my house he has a basking and uv the hotspot is 115 I want to know how I can provide humidity if he free roams also how can I teach him his name will daily baths be okay for humidity? And will just repeating his name teach him I want him to be like Macgiyver lizard

Michael Soto

You might have to build him an enclosure that he would go into at night or when ur not home and only let him out when you are home and awake. That way he can roam around and also have a place where he is in that is set to the right humidity. There is nothing wrong with a roaming tegu but the humidity plays a big part in their shedding.

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
MacGyver is not a good example of how to keep a healthy tegu. Hes not healthy and free-roaming is NOT ideal. It does cause permenant organ damage due to lack of a consist humid environment. Do your guy a favor and build him a proper enclosure. He will thank you for it by being healthy and living a long life.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980