• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

tegu food

troller

5 Year Member
Hi im new to this and my son wanted me to ask if anyone has ever fed there b/w ground up venison.I know its very lean and most people feed them ground turkey but he hunts and has plenty deer meat.I would appreciate your view point on this .thanks

Jefroka

5 Year Member
troller said:
Hi im new to this and my son wanted me to ask if anyone has ever fed there b/w ground up venison.I know its very lean and most people feed them ground turkey but he hunts and has plenty deer meat.I would appreciate your view point on this .thanks

There would be absolutely no problem feeding his tegu deer meat. If it were me, I would mix it with ground turkey, liver and cod liver oil to spread the mix out.

...Jefroka

Xrepex99X

this is exactly the post iv been looking for :p i also hunt and have a freezer full of wild meet,i am getting a baby red in around a week to and this will deff help with the feeding bill.Im guessing that other wild meats like grouse,moose and rabbit are fine to?

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Xrepex99X said:
this is exactly the post iv been looking for :p i also hunt and have a freezer full of wild meet,i am getting a baby red in around a week to and this will deff help with the feeding bill.Im guessing that other wild meats like grouse,moose and rabbit are fine to?

I don't see any of those choices being a problem. I've given mine rabbit hearts and lungs. Beauregard loves them!

Some have warned not to feed too many birds with the feathers as the feathers may cause impaction issues if fed in access, but I don't know how true this is.

Others will hopefully chime in with their thoughts and experiences.

...Jefroka

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu