• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu Food trick

Mkulu

5 Year Member
Dont know if anyone else does this. Here is something that works great for us. Mix up your turkey, liver, and cod oil meal in a large quantity. Buy several ice cube trays. Dish a spoonfull into each cube compartment. Put it in the freezer with plastic wrap over it. When its time to feed just flex the tray and disperse as many turkey cubes as you need. We have an All American, that is still a baby, and one cube is plenty right now. Also easy to stack and store in the freezer.

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Awww. Can you please post some pictures of him/her ? I have two of them and those All Americans look so cute :) . Did yours hibernated ? My two just came out of hibernation yesterday. Sorry for changing the subject.
I use the food saver bags. This way I can place the bags into warm water to thaw them out. Please be careful about the freezer burn because it can kill the nutrient.

HorseCaak

5 Year Member
Sounds like a dirty method. Too much bacteria everytime you twist the tray and pop out cubes. I use freezer bags and freezer containers. The containers have multiple feedings in them so I pop them out a day in advance and put them in the fridge to thaw, then it is dinner for 2-3 days...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029