• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Taming the beats! Very interesting domestication article

simon021

5 Year Member
Read! Discuss! I'd love to hear Bobby's input on this. It seems to be exactly what he's been doing over the last couple generations. I find it very interesting that as the species is domesticated, they start to undergo physical changes, like different patterns, wider skulls, ect. I'm interested to hear if Bobby has seen anything like this after a few generations of domestication.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20427281.500-my-little-zebra-the-secrets-of-domestication.html?page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg2 ... tml?page=1</a><!-- m -->

READ! DISCUSS!!

FoxxCola

5 Year Member
Awesome Article!

I love the "Tame Ape" part! It really makes you think.

I know this wasn't the point of your posting this but... I would LOVE to have one of those domesticaed foxes ;P

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
FoxxCola said:
Awesome Article!

I would LOVE to have one of those domesticaed foxes ;P

X2,..they are gorgeous!

they showed part of the fox story on a TV documentary about where the first dogs originated and were domesticated. They showed the different color patterns, markings, sizes and temperaments that the domesticated foxes were developing from the others. It also talked about the pet DNA testing to find out if your dog is really a pure bred and if not it tells you what its mixed with .

MIKE-ZILLA

5 Year Member
Great article. gives us hope that some of the more aggressive herps (like columbian tegus) might some day calm down a bit with captive/selective breeding. problem is no one breeds columbians. the article makes sense though. ive got a red tail boa that i only handle one about every 3-4 months. he has never tried to bite. red tail boas have been captive bred for many years. the aggressive rats are creepy. I cant imagine a pack of rats attacking a man on sight. put on some heavy boots and stomp some rat!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me