• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

tail shedding issue

cab5392

I have been having tail shed issues as well. She's a bout 3 months old. I supplement her diet with cod liver oil, and the tank humidity is kept high with moist moss substrate. Her entire body sheds beautifully in one piece, but the last three sheds it has stopped at her tail, and it takes the next 2 weeks to get all the rings off and I have to assist her with a toothbrush and tweezers.

She tends to not like fruits unless I thoroughly mix them into her meat mix. Should I be adding more fruit to her diet? Her staple is turkey with added calcium and anywhere from 1-3 tsp cod oil per pound, supplemented with dubias. Coconut oil and A&D ointment helps greatly, but I would prefer to not have to interfere in the first place.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeguSteff