• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Sulcatas

snakehandler

5 Year Member
i have three young sulcatas as a guest in my home.

STA71947.jpg

STA71948.jpg

snakehandler

5 Year Member
yeah theyre the largest tortoises living on the main land.
males can grow to as much as 70 cm. and weigh well a lot..haha.
the largest is the male. they will move to a farm of a friend of mine.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
And they're bulldozers!! They can be very destructive. Anything that weighs 50+ pounds, doesn't stop for nothing and has sharp edges on his shell can do some damage!

nat

5 Year Member
I keep sulcatas, I love em. They have awesome personailities, Mona and Jack (my sulcatas) follow me around when I visit them in their pen.

how old are those sulcatas?

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
nat said:
I keep sulcatas, I love em. They have awesome personailities, Mona and Jack (my sulcatas) follow me around when I visit them in their pen.
But would you let them wander around your house???

snakehandler

5 Year Member
nat said:

how old are those sulcatas?

theyre one year old.

nat

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
nat said:
But would you let them wander around your house???

I do! supervised of course. Eventually in the winter they are going to be living in a basement w/ fortified walls. They live in a greenhouse in the summer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus