• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

soon to be a varnyardian

mikecrowder23

5 Year Member
I must admit I am very excited, I just reserved a b&w from varnyard. Hopeing that everything i've heard about his stock is true. anyone who has purchased one of his babies tell me how the experience has gone from the shipping to where the little bugger is now. thanks

Tarantu1aMan

5 Year Member
i haven't purchased one from him (YET) lol,but ive heard really good things about his tegus.his animals are very healthy,and are on a good diet.so you will probably be very satisfied,ive got a B&W currently,but im going to get a red from varnyard either this year or maybe next.GOOD LUCK with your new tegu!

MIKE-ZILLA

5 Year Member
I saw some of varnyards at the nc reptile show last year. the hatchlings were so calm and easy to handle. but I had already purchased one from LLL reptile. :cry:

crox

5 Year Member
I am also counting down the days till i get my B&W from him too. I am extremely excited. I have heard only the best of things of his tegu.

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
Well i hope you would know that since you reserved one( no offense at all ) but there are care sheets on the home page.

mikecrowder23

5 Year Member
Yes i know what there diets are, i have had one before i was just curious if there was anything that worked expecially well and was an unusual favorite.

jarett_Harrison

5 Year Member
i will also be a varnyardian in around four weeks when my baby gets here. iv heard only good things and have wwatched his vidios for days and days....loll

Jer723

5 Year Member
mikecrowder23 said:
Yes i know what there diets are, i have had one before i was just curious if there was anything that worked expecially well and was an unusual favorite.

well i have a baby tegu right now, and his absolute favorites are,

smoked/ sliced turkey breast, for like sandwhiches.
beef liver
scrambled eggs

its just those 3, he cant get enough! hope this helped somewhat, im soon to be a varnyardian also reserving a b+w! im soo excited! :grno

mikecrowder23

5 Year Member
Thanks a bunch Jer, the one i had before was a very picky eater and honestly i never got the time to straighten that out, i was unexpectedly deployed and i had to give him away :bang . I am so excited to get my new gu. I know Bob has to make a little money but i hope that he takes pride and appreciates all the happiness he brings to people with these little bundles of joy.

Jer723

5 Year Member
mikecrowder23 said:
the one i had before was a very picky eater and honestly i never got the time to straighten that out, i was unexpectedly deployed and i had to give him away :bang .

same with me, my tegu is a finicky eater, he like wont eat mice unless theyre dipped in raw egg, and he usually wont eat unless its off of the feeding tongs. some of them are "special" lol. mine is soooo needy, but i guess thats part of owning a tegu. :-D

Anthony

5 Year Member
i also reserved a tegu from bobby and cant wait.... i will have frozen pinkies , ground turkey with cod liver oil , beef liver , and crickets in stock for when she arrives... so how are all u guys setting up ur tanks for when ur newborn arrives?

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
I took a Rubbermaid tub cut open a hole and put aluminum screen. The whole thing was $25. As for food Im goin to have the dubia colony ive startded. All the ground turkey/ cod liver oil/ beef liver all stocked up before he arrives. Some frozen pinkies.And eggs. And any vegetation i come across in the fridge. Im hoping the Meatloaf post i started has the ok because once he starts eating larger rodents my wallets going to hurt.

mikecrowder23

5 Year Member
The rubbermaid idea is what i'm going with for the first few months until i build him his permanent home. I want to build him a doggie door into it but not until he has become more or less potty trained. Speaking of which i know how to potty train a dog but i seem to be a bit lost when it comes to potty training a reptile. any advice is welcomed

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
Well a tub with warm water is normally were they will go. Ive heard that you first need to notice the place in the enclosure where he most often goes. Then you put newspaper there and hopefuly he will continue to go there. Let this process continue for a two weeks to a month or however long it takes. Then you should be able to move the newspaper anywhere( including outside the enclosure and around the house also) and that where he will go. I was amazed when i first read this and they say with consistensy and time a smart tegu, monitor or even iguana will be potty trained. Higher level reptiles are creatures of habit and so are we.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus