• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Something old, new... how bout blue?

CrankbaitJedi

Ok, so I get my Blue Tegu home about 10 days ago. Very happy with him too. He seems to hi-white with some cream color on top. I am guessing him to be around 2 yrs old now and is close to 30 inches. He goes thru his first shed and what do I begin to see... YES!!! There are little blue patches showing up on legs, back and jowels!!! Hootie Hoo. Ok, so my question is... as tegus develop their coloration... is this a lifetime process (constantly changing) or is there a certain window that you will know what they are going to look like. I know male blues (and other tegus-like reds) tend to be a little more intense with their coloration... about what age will their full color be on display??? Hmmmm?

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I been wondering the same thing, Im guessing around 2-3 yrs old when they began to mature, my b/w has been doing some color changes too, she can get very white after sheds but still has some yellow spots, Im hoping she gets super white like her mom cuz i plan to pair her with a blue

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I've noticed on the adult tegus i use to keep they seem to get there adult color at between 2 to 3 as mentioned so i agree.:)

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Im seeing changes in my gu's patterns everytie they shed, my b/w just partially shed today and i can see alot of white coming in :) im excited to see what she will look like in say a year from now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeguSteff