• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Some pics of Persephone

lazyjr52

5 Year Member
Sorry she is in shed in these pics
Picture069.jpg

Picture074.jpg

Picture074.jpg

Picture072.jpg

I'll get some new pics when she finishes shedding

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Re: Some pics of

very beautiful and big or should i say " boa-dacious lol!

Adam87

5 Year Member
nice..... forgive me if im wrong is she a colombian red tail? either way she is beautiful

lazyjr52

5 Year Member
Hey thanks for the kind comments. She is a pure columbian red tail boa. The ones you see in the pet store are usally mixed with other sub speices of redtail boa. She is a little darker because she is going throu a shed in these pics. Also boas do get darker after they hit adlut hood. I'll post some new pics soon.

preston897

thats interesting info about the pet store boas. i didnt know that. and i didnt see that you said she was in shed above the pictures. i knew alot of boas get darker but i was thinking of the pet store baby colors and that ones colors. that is a huge change! was he that normal tan when you got him?

lazyjr52

5 Year Member
preston897 said:
thats interesting info about the pet store boas. i didnt know that. and i didnt see that you said she was in shed above the pictures. i knew alot of boas get darker but i was thinking of the pet store baby colors and that ones colors. that is a huge change! was he that normal tan when you got him?

You are right about the grayish color as babies (forgot to mention that earlier). She was a grayish tan color when I got her (all red tail boas are this color as babies except for certain morphs). And after each shed her colors got more vibrant. Once she hit the 6 foot mark she started to get a little darker. I got her in 1999 and she was about 6 months old. Now she is about 8 feet and at least 25 pounds and tame as a kitten.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus