• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Sold UVA bulb in place of mercury vapor bulb

kierap

Today I went to all of the petstores in town to get a reptisun bulb for my tegu, and nowhere in town carries that anymore, or any similar bulbs. the lady at locally owned petstore sold me a zoomed repti basking spot bulb and told me that they were similar, but it wasnt until i got home that i noticed that the bulb is uva only, and does not have uvb. i do not know if i am able to return the bulb, but if i do not i will not have the money to purchase a uvb and uva bulb online. How long can a year old-ish tegu go without uvb? ive been using his current bulb for six months and its time to replace it, but i now only have a uva bulb to replace it with....

dpjm

5 Year Member
Keep using the 6 month old light, don't replace it unless it's with another uvb bulb. The whole thing about replacing your uvb light every 6 months is based on nothing at all. Your bulb is probably still putting out some uvb which is better than replacing it with a bulb that definitely has none.

How long can a tegu go without uvb? There is no number for this answer - the longer they go without, the worse a situation it becomes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu