• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

small dogs....

Hello again everyone!
A few hours ago Taco was falling asleep as I was petting him, when I heard little yappy barks out of my window. Outside there was a little poodle and some other fluffly little abomination arguing with each other. They were both small enough where's I could probably eat them both myself and still be hungry, but that suddenly reminded me of a basic observation I made a few months back.

There are a LOT of small dogs in my neighborhood. And by that I mean that there are literally no big ones. I have yet to see anything larger than a beagle around here. The barking apparently didn't bother Taco at all, since he was still asleep.

I did ask a similar question a few months back, but I would like to know if you guys have any personal experiences. Have your tegu's ever had any interactions, positive or negative, with other animals? My sister has a cat in her apartment, There may be a wiener dog in my off-campus apartment, and I'm surrounded by little dogs here at home. I would like to let Taco free roam a little bit when he gets bigger, but I fear potential... complications. A pet lizard eating someone's little chihuahua probably won't bode well for the reptile community in general.