• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Sealing pine? theres gotta be a way

Filphfio

5 Year Member
So I got started on my tank project this weekend. I got pine for my lumber assuming that I could seal it properly and wouldnÃ?¢ââ??‰â??¢t run into a problem. Has anyone else used pine and then sealed it? I am mostly done with the enclosure now, and I am looking for the best way to seal it. I guess if itÃ?¢ââ??‰â??¢s really not possible and will be a big problem then Ill shell out the extra money and rebuild. I was thinking polyurethane with several coats would be the best idea.

kpelzer

5 Year Member
hey Filphfio. i built a 5x3 tegu tank out of all pine and i covered the whole inside with rubber floor guard. kinda of like rubber matting. after i covered every inch inside the enclosure i sealed the inside with caulk and it has been working great for me. no problems and holds humidity great.

BOOZER

5 Year Member
as well as what kpelzer said, under all that you can use water-base DEFT. it brushes on real well and dries fast for a water-base.

grapesofwrath

5 Year Member
Pine can be sealed as any other type of wood, except redwood. You should check out a local paint store (a high end one that contractors would use) and ask them what is available. Going to a Home-Depot type of store may suffice, but it depends on what is available there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu