• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Saphee Growth Report and Discussion.

Scriffignano

So... Saphee is around 14 months old now and she's gone from being 12 inches long and 20 grams to a whopping 3 feet and close to 3 lbs in that time. She eats between 5-6 days a week. She has also outgrown 2 enclosures and all of her enrichment items as well. Pictures are below to see her growth. Her new thing is to completely uproot the under tarp in her enclosure and hide underneath it. What enrichment items can I preferably make for her to stave off her boredom. She is extremely intelligent as we all know tegus are and I want to improve her quality of life.

Thank you
20201014_152638.jpg

Attachments

• 20210728_174739.jpg
    20210728_174739.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 24

rats

5 Year Member
Give her a big dubia roach to chase down and play with. Foley catches it, throws it up in the air, waits for it to recover from the fall, and then chases it down again and repeats... until he finally decides just to eat the darn thing. (I know, that's cruel, but it is a game to him!) Or give her something to dig into and hide in so she doesn't have to uproot the tarp -- assuming her cage is deep enough to put burrowing substrate into.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980