• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

roaches

ilovelizards

ok so I'm soon going to get 2 new baby bearded dragons and a baby frilled dragon. I already own a nearly 3 feet b/w x red tegu and 3 adult leopard geckos.Ive been buying bait store crickets for my geckos. I tried breeding the crickets only got a few babies with all the new pets soon to be arriving in early august I need a cheap reliable food surply.When looking for dragons I noticed a lot of the breeders feeding there animals lobster and derbies roaches I was thinking of punching some lobster ones to breed. I heard they are easy to breed and have very good nutritional value I've been into reptiles for awhile and I've heard them mentioned a lot just never got any yet. My only concern it that can all my reptiles eat theses roaches sizes depending on animal of course)? My tegu would not be eating them.Ive also been thinking about getting silk and horned tomato worms to start beeding.Im already breeding mice for my tegu.

I live in central fl so are they legally allowed were I live I know durbies aren't but what about the lobster ones?

please reply with any comments tips ect
thx

kellen.watkins

Man that's gotta suck I breed dubias at home (in nevada) look on the bright side though you have almost no issues with humidity lol (fogger in a 40 gallon breeder gives about 60% humidity)

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm in Vegas and enjoy meeting local people that are into reptiles. Also I need some more Dubias to add to my colony.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ilovelizards said:
ok so I'm soon going to get 2 new baby bearded dragons and a baby frilled dragon. I already own a nearly 3 feet b/w x red tegu and 3 adult leopard geckos.Ive been buying bait store crickets for my geckos. I tried breeding the crickets only got a few babies with all the new pets soon to be arriving in early august I need a cheap reliable food surply.When looking for dragons I noticed a lot of the breeders feeding there animals lobster and derbies roaches I was thinking of punching some lobster ones to breed. I heard they are easy to breed and have very good nutritional value I've been into reptiles for awhile and I've heard them mentioned a lot just never got any yet. My only concern it that can all my reptiles eat theses roaches sizes depending on animal of course)? My tegu would not be eating them.Ive also been thinking about getting silk and horned tomato worms to start beeding.Im already breeding mice for my tegu.

I live in central fl so are they legally allowed were I live I know durbies aren't but what about the lobster ones?

thx

Sorry for taking this off-topic, but I found some info for you...

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255401

Go down to post #3, the guy is in Florida and says he has different species that are legal in Florida.

ilovelizards

james.w said:
ilovelizards said:

thx

Sorry for taking this off-topic, but I found some info for you...

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255401

Go down to post #3, the guy is in Florida and says he has different species that are legal in Florida.

thank you

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Interesting story:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-01-28/news/os-illegal-roaches-purchased-orlando-20110128_1_roaches-insects-invasive-species

This is the list from the Fl Dept of Agriculture
http://www.freshfromflorida.com/pi/enpp/pdf/Guideline-for-Importing-Exotic-and-Non.pdf

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980