• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Reptile mag!!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yes, my name is in there and a picture of cream:

page20two1.jpg

page20threea1.jpg

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It must be the May issue, someone sent me the screen shots.

Here is the full picture of cream they used:

Cream11flip.jpg

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Congrats Bobby!

Here is a link to the supplement on Bert's article. Reptile Mag usually post some of the articles online.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.reptilechannel.com/reptile-magazines/reptiles-magazine/june-2008/totally-tegus.aspx?cm_sp=InternalClicks-_-RelatedArticles-_-reptile-magazines/reptiles-magazine/june-2008/totally-tegus">http://www.reptilechannel.com/reptile-m ... ally-tegus</a><!-- m -->

Article and photos by Bert Langerwerf

Some of the authorÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢s tegu enclosures include pampas grass, a plant native to South America. ItÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢s the grass clump with the white tufts.

This Argentine black and white tegu is in one of the authorÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢s 1,000-square-foot outdoor enclosures.

These baby Argentine black and white tegus (Tupinambis merianae) are eating ground chicken. The author grinds bones into the meat.

The author occasionally feeds his tegus bread, which is what these yearling red tegus (Tupinambis rufescens) are eating.

Lizardkeepers can keep tegus both outdoors and indoors.

Outdoor Housing
I keep tegus outdoors, and I often simply fence them in with corrugated, galvanized metal. I bury this fence 2 feet deep in the ground, and it stands 3 feet tall above ground. So far, no tegus have escaped under or over these fences. Make the enclosureÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢s perimeter at least 4 feet by 8 feet.

Corrugated plastic tubes, such as those used for drainage, can be used to simulate burrows. Tegus hide in these tubes or make a room at the end. If you have the space, tubes can lead to hide boxes somewhere cooler, so the lizards have more temperature choices. You also could create a small sliding door to close the Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Â¦Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?â??burrow.Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980