• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Reptile Expos

Dirkthejerk41

I went to my second north Texas reptile expo today. Plenty of Colombian tegus, but no Argentines. They had one adult red Argentine, but it was obviously pretty poorly taken care of, as it hardly had any of its toes remaining. They were still trying to sell it for $300. It's pretty sad that even a "breeder" would take such poor care of their animals. Not a very meaningful post, but it was just on my mind and seemed relevant.

Raicardoso

Dirkthejerk41 said:
I went to my second north Texas reptile expo today. Plenty of Colombian tegus, but no Argentines. They had one adult red Argentine, but it was obviously pretty poorly taken care of, as it hardly had any of its toes remaining. They were still trying to sell it for $300. It's pretty sad that even a "breeder" would take such poor care of their animals. Not a very meaningful post, but it was just on my mind and seemed relevant.

Ah you were at the Lonestar one in Arlington eh? I'm going there tomorrow to hopefully get some good deals on supplies mainly. Maybe if they have a leachie at a good price I'll take that little guy home too :)

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I am going to the manchester,nh expo the end of this month :) I'm hoping to find a good-looking, reasonably priced hognose snake. I really want a jungle carpet python too but don't have a large enough setup right now. So....will have to wait on that one. Yes, one must be wary at expos I've learned. My sister-in-law got a ball python at one in n.carolina which ended up bearing horrible mites. And my bf obtained one at last october's expo in manchester who refuses to eat anything but live prey. Not 'very ' unusual for ball pythons who can be picky...but just saying, one must have caution and know what to look for :)

Dirkthejerk41

They had some great looking hognoses! I am going back tomorrow. Besides seeing that poor gu it was pretty good, I saw the biggest bearded dragon i've ever seen, too.

Raicardoso

Dirkthejerk41 said:
They had some great looking hognoses! I am going back tomorrow. Besides seeing that poor gu it was pretty good, I saw the biggest bearded dragon i've ever seen, too.

What time are you going? We may just run into each other :O

Raicardoso

Dirkthejerk41 said:
Probably early on haha. Keep an eye out for that red tegu, today it was near the back

sounds tempting, but i don't think I'm experienced enough to take in a tegu that has been poorly taken care of :/
Hopefully someone will have a good looking leachie there

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Dubya I don't want a n.y.beach hognose...bunch of snobs with their turned up noses. Haha. Jk. :) I'm hoping to see something 'different '...I've been looking online at the different colors. But I don't want to pay 'too ' much. I'll have to see what I see. Maybe you and the wife can help me choose one :)

Raicardoso

Dirkthejerk41 said:
I went today, picked up a spider ball python :)

Nice! Yeah i went to check it out today got there a little late though. I saw the red tegu, she was so cute! I thought she was going to be in a lot worse condition from when you first described it to me but she wasn't too bad. Missing a couple fingers/ nails and she looked a little small for her age. I think they disturbed her hibernation to get her to the show though :/.

j.sawyer48

I will be going to the Manchester NH expo to with my wife and daughter can't wait to see what they will have. I just picked up a lechi at nerd the other day

Grendel

Yes they are calm. Care is very similar to crested geckos.
Here is a picture of my baby Nu-Ana lechie. [attachment=6656]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363634828.990006.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363634828.990006.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 3

Raicardoso

Yeah, what Grendel said. Easy care and calm lizards. Depending on what locale you get will depend on the size. The mainland leachies get bigger. I'd say they average out at about 13 inches with mainlands getting possibly a bit bigger.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu