• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Red v. All American hibernation

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Is there any difference in the way these two might hibernate? I got a red about a week ago and haven't seen him since. My All American still comes out to bask a few hours a day. Just wondering if this is normal behavior.

tora

It's different for all tegus, whether they be the same species/color or not. They could have even been clutch mates living in the same conditions and one might go down and the other might not. It's all up to that specific tegu. :)

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Each specimen can be different...

Reds are said to do everything a bit later than others...

'All Americans' are hybrids of several others including reds...

AB^

5 Year Member
james.w said:
Is there any difference in the way these two might hibernate? I got a red about a week ago and haven't seen him since. My All American still comes out to bask a few hours a day. Just wondering if this is normal behavior.

It is perfectly normal for a new tegu not to be seen for a week or more.
This happens when a new animal is brought home no matter what time of year it is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu