• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Red Tegu Update

Sarahtonin04

I posted before about my rescue. She's been to the vet and got some hard news. Had a fractured jaw and tail at some point in her life. Missing claws on all feet from malnutrition and a general timidness towards humans. In the few weeks I've had her we have come a long way. She has gotten used to coming out and free roaming my kitchen while I'm in there. She likes baths and being petted. I've gotten her on a strict diet to help the weight come off and she finally has the proper requirements in her enclosure. She's gone to my work with me and stayed in the reception area to become more social. (I work at a vet) She is even shedding right now! Overall she is looking and feeling better every day.
d44c52e49d48a65702baf50bb21da38f.jpg
673f68c4d144a3e2d4c864f319854f2c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I posted before about my rescue. She's been to the vet and got some hard news. Had a fractured jaw and tail at some point in her life. Missing claws on all feet from malnutrition and a general timidness towards humans. In the few weeks I've had her we have come a long way. She has gotten used to coming out and free roaming my kitchen while I'm in there. She likes baths and being petted. I've gotten her on a strict diet to help the weight come off and she finally has the proper requirements in her enclosure. She's gone to my work with me and stayed in the reception area to become more social. (I work at a vet) She is even shedding right now! Overall she is looking and feeling better every day.
d44c52e49d48a65702baf50bb21da38f.jpg
673f68c4d144a3e2d4c864f319854f2c.jpg

Sarah- that's great news! You've earned wings for that. Just a hopefully educated guess, but fractures could've been MBD-related?? Three cheers to you and your red.

Sarahtonin04

Sarah- that's great news! You've earned wings for that. Just a hopefully educated guess, but fractures could've been MBD-related?? Three cheers to you and your red.
The people that had her before slung her around by her tail. He also said she accidentally bit him once and I'm willing to bet she was punched in mouth or thrown against wall for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980